There can be many stakeholders and audiences in the scenario process, involved in the planning and development of the scenario as well as implementation of recommendations that may result from the scenario.
Depending on the purpose of the scenario, these may include:
- elected officials/decisionmakers
- community planners
- first responders
- public health and medical professionals
- engineers, scientists and other earthquake professionals
- school and hospital communities
- political champions
- private business community
- general public
The emergency management and land use planning communities are often primary audiences for a scenario, and can benefit from small-scale scenarios as well as larger, more elaborate ones. A small-scale scenario, focusing on a more likely event, may generate the awareness needed to begin planning for a larger, more extreme event.